Thursday, May 13

Free Press

Someone wrote to me, "I thought that one of the best things about the United States was supposed to be our free press." I wrote back, "My thoughts on the free press.....it's somewhat of a misnomer...the government isn't supposed to abridge the freedom of press. 1st amendmant says nothing about companies doing so."

In other words I think Disney can largely do what they want. If they care more about their bottom line than helping Michael Moore then so be it. If they want to try to surpress this film, I'm Ok with that to.

Do I want Moore's version of the Bush's out there? Yes I do. I don't think Disney is under any obligation to do so.

Moore is popular, one would think that he can find other means of putting his message out. There's always two sides. What Disney doesn't want others may.

An update reveals progress is being made. Looks more and like complaining for the sake of complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home