Wednesday, June 2

Lake Express is off-mostly


It's Here.

Yes, the Lake Express is officially in service between Milwaukee and Muskegon. Currently it's running more or less scheduled service, which is a sight better than the Rochester/Toronto ferry which doesn't start until 17 June.

Both ships were built by Austal. However, the Rochester ship has MTU engines which have been problematic while the Lake Express has Rolls Royce propulsion.

How's business? They're not really saying. I did see a quote in the paper about 15 reservationsits working 12 hours a day and not keeping up.

Being terminally skeptical and perhaps over sensitized to bull shit, I did a little experiment. 1st, Lake Express appears nowhere in the two phone books I recently received. I call the 800 directory service and got no list for Lake Express. I then called Milwaukee directory assistance. I did get a listing. I called it and it rang and rang. No answer though. I then called Muskegon info. No listing there. A toll free # of 866-914-1010 is on their website. This number did not show up in a reverse look up effort either.

If they truly are that busy, then watch out when people can actually find the phone #!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home